Re Assembly 5

  • Post author:
  • Post category:assembly
  • Reading time:2 mins read
I have covered the duralock 2 with some rub rail which should help me bounce of things when i lose control. I'm currently trying some 3M molding tape to secure the rub rail in place and its currently been on there for 2 or so weeks and hasn't peeled off at all , so it may be a easy way to leave it attached, otherwise I'm going to have to glue it down which i can't be bothered doing.
Just another view of it.
Here i've now glued and screwed the hand rails in place. I used the Bostik polyurethane stuff to secure them as well as some stainless screws. I also bought some 3M grip tape and cut it to shape and stuck it to the floor, now i have less chance of slipping and falling overboard :-) . this tape is the same stuff they use on stairs and stuff.
I cut a couple of big holes in my engine cover then screwed over the top of them two ventilation louvers. For now they are there as a trial thing to see if i can 1) let a bit more of the exhaust heat out of the bonnet and 2) let a bit more air flow from the suction side of the thrust fan through the cover and through the radiator.

Leave a Reply